Northern Vermont University Strategic Plan: 2018-2023
Over the course of the last year, members of the Northern Vermont University community — faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community stakeholders — worked together to strategize, map, clarify, and refine a five-year plan to guide our university's path forward. We are grateful to the committee members who volunteered their time and expertise to create the NVU Strategic Plan.
As we begin our first academic year as Northern Vermont University, our work and our growth is supported by four pillars, or strategic priorities.
Vibrant Thriving Campuses
- Create a dynamic fiscal environment that fosters student engagement, development, and success.
- Celebrate and promote the achievements and contributions of NVU.
- Cultivate a culture of trust and understanding that celebrates differences and ensures mutual respect and safety for all members of the NVU community.
Transformative Student Experience
- Strengthen pathways for student academic, professional, and personal success.
- Expand high-impact academic, extracurricular, and social opportunities for all students.
- Develop operational infrastructure to promote student success.
Innovative Professional and Liberal Arts Education
- Improve student-centered learning experiences by advancing the pedagogical, technological, and professional practices of NVU faculty and staff.
- Expand the pursuit of inquiry and discovery among faculty, staff, and students through research, professional activity, and creative work.
Exceptional Community Leadership
- Expand and enhance NVU’s community relationships through outreach, civic engagement, and partnerships.
- Position NVU as a leader in community economic development.
Over the course of the next academic year, work groups will create detailed work plans around each of the four pillars. These plans will be posted when available.