Family, Friends, Fun at NVU–Johnson: September 14-16, 2018
Alumni Reunion and Family Weekend is set for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 14-16, 2018. As always there will be lots of fun, family-friendly activities happening all weekend long! Check out what we have planned for you!
Alumni: Let us know you're coming and pay for your meals at the Alumni Reunion and Awards Luncheon and/or Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony by completing this registration form.
Parents and Families: No need to register — just let your student know when you plan to arrive!
|Friday, Sept. 14||3 - 6 p.m.||Friday Fiesta! (Tent)
Stop by the tent for a drink, snacks, lawn games and music to kick off the weekend!
|4:30 - 7 p.m.||Dinner (Stearns Dining Hall)
Enjoy dinner in our campus dining hall. $7.25 per person.
|Saturday, Sept. 15||9 a.m.||Alumni Association Annual Meeting (1867 Room, Dewey)
Join the Alumni Council to learn more about the work they have planned for the upcoming year! President Collins will give an update on the state of the University. Refreshments will be served.
Quad Fest! (rain or shine, Quad)
|10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Brunch (Stearns Dining Hall)
Fuel up for a fun day with a delicious brunch. $7.25 per person.
|10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m||Visit the Hospitality Table! (Tent on Quad)
Stop by to get a complimentary cup of coffee, event information and a special gift!
|11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Meet the Advisors! (Dining Hall)
Academic Advisors Caitlyn Wilkins and Russ Weis will be serving food for thought as they talk about good recipes for NVU student academic success!
|12 - 1:30 p.m.||Alumni Reunion and Awards Luncheon (Performance Space, Stearns - $20 per person)
Alumni and their favorite faculty members gather to reminisce. President Collins celebrates our outstanding alumni.
|12 p.m.||Women’s Team Rugby Match vs. Bentley University (Rugby Pitch)|
|1 p.m.||Women’s Soccer Game vs. U Maine Presque Isle (Minaert Upper Field)
Come cheer on our players! Concessions available.
|1:30 p.m.||Tour of Campus (Meet the tour guide in the Performance Space in Stearns)|
|2 - 7:30 p.m.||Beer and Wine Tent (Ages 21+, Quad)
Enjoy a glass of wine or a beer from an alumni-owned brewery and play lawn games with your friends.
|2 - 4 p.m.||NVU Celebration and Ice Cream Social (Tent)
The Alumni Council will be scooping and refreshments will be served.
|3 p.m.||Badger Bingo (Stearns Dining Hall)
Compete for fabulous prizes!
|3:30 p.m.||Men’s Soccer Game vs. U Maine Presque Isle (Minaert Upper Field)
Come cheer on our players! Concessions available.
|4 p.m.||Paint and Sip (Tent, $10 per person)
Enjoy a mocktail while painting a masterpiece! Register in advance.
|4:30-7:30 p.m.||VT Locavore Dinner (Stearns Dining Hall)
Enjoy local foods in our campus dining hall, $7.25 per person.
|5:30 p.m.||Alumni Soccer Game (Minaert Field)
Former members of the men’s and women’s teams play each other.
|5 - 7:30 p.m.||Kids Night Out! (SHAPE)
Kids ages 5-13 join our student athletes for a night of swimming and games. $10/each — walk ins welcome.
|5:30 p.m.||Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (Performance Space, Stearns)
A list of inductees will be posted soon. This event is $30 per person.
|7:45 p.m.||Fireworks! (best viewed from South Lawn)
Watch the sky light up. Sponsored by NorthStar.
|9 p.m.||Campfire (Quad)
Find yourself a stick and roast a hot dog, make some s’mores, and join the jam session.
|Sunday, Sept. 15||10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Brunch (Stearns Dining Hall)
Fill up before heading home. $7.25 per person.
|12 p.m.||Women's Volleyball vs. Bay Path|
|1 - 3 p.m.||Hike to Prospect Rock (hosted by the Outing Club) —Meetup location TBA
Get some exercise and take in some of Vermont's most stunning views.
|4 p.m.||Women's Volleyball vs. Paul Smith (SHAPE)|
Looking for something to do in between activities?
- Enjoy a cappuccino or a snack in the Fireplace Lounge in Stearns Student Center. The Common Grounds Café is open from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m..
- Buy some JSC or NVU swag! Pick up some new gear in the bookstore (Dewey Hall) on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Read or do some research for old times’ sake! The Willey Library is open on Saturday from 12 - 5 p.m. and on Sunday from 1 - 9 p.m.
- Work out or take a swim — it’s free!
- SHAPE is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 12 - 10 p.m. The pool is open on Saturday from 12 -4 p.m.
- Catch frogs at the Lower Pond or hike the Babcock Nature Preserve or on the campus trails! Directions and maps are available at the hospitality table.
- Take a drive and explore the area - maps of the area’s covered bridges and local attractions available at the hospitality table. The Stowe Farmers Market is open on Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Take the Julian Scott Walking Tour. Grab a map at the hospitality table.
- Play Frolf! Grab a map at the hospitality table, borrow some discs from SHAPE, and play the back 9 (front 9 is under construction).
- Enjoy art in the Julian Scott Gallery (Dibden Center for the Arts )and a staff and faculty art show in the VAC Gallery (Visual Arts Center)
- Visit the Johnson Historical Society: Open on Sunday from 1 -4 p.m., located at 188 Lower Main Street.
- Wander around the Memorial Gardens. Grab a brochure and map at the hospitality table.
- Work out at the outdoor exercise station circuit. Grab a map at the hospitality table.