NVU Students, we hope these resources will help your transition to remote coursework. Check back often for additions.
If you have any technical problems or questions that are not answered here, please submit a trouble ticket to our Help Desk at https://helpdesk.vsc.edu.
NVU Students can access Canvas and their NVU email through the NVU Portal.
Canvas Guides for Students
- Canvas Video Tour for Students
- Using the Canvas Mobile App - Video tutorial
- Canvas Guide for Students
- What Web Browsers Does Canvas Support?
How to Join a Zoom Meeting - One Minute Video
Zoom Resource Site - Loads of Topics
REMINDER: Use computer audio whenever possible when joining a Zoom meeting.
Microsoft Office for Northern Vermont University Students - How to download and install Microsoft programs from your NVU Office 360 account on Windows and Mac OS. Chromebook users can download Office apps from the Google Play Store.
OneDrive, a cloud storage app, is also available for free to VSC students. Learn how to install OneDrive at the NVU OIT website.
Discounts on Internet Access at Home
Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are currently providing free or discounted Internet services to households for a limited period of time. Some ISPs may have requirements for free or discounted access.
- Comcast - https://www.internetessentials.com/
- Consolidated Communications - Call: 1-855-399-3084, mention the promo code "Two Months Free"
- Spectrum - https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
Northern Vermont University is not affiliated with and does not endorse any individual ISP. Anyone taking advantage of free or discounted services should carefully read the ISP's terms of agreement.