Make Your Mark with a Concentration or Minor in Sport Management from Northern Vermont University
The sport management programs at Northern Vermont University prepare you for a career in the ever-expanding sports industry — a growing $213 billion-a-year industry in the United States alone. You'll receive a comprehensive education in the business and administration of athletics, sports, and recreation. Courses provide a solid foundation in ethical leadership, governance, law, finance, marketing, facility design, resource management, and event planning.
NVU's sport management programs recognize that sports today are as much about marketing events and refining a brand as they are about working with players and scheduling events — and that strong business skills are required for a successful career in the field. Career opportunities range from managing professional teams and arenas to overseeing the marketing and finances of sports groups.
Students at both NVU-Lyndon and NVU-Johnson can earn a B.S. degree in business administration with a concentration in sport management. NVU-Lyndon also offers a minor in sport management.
- View requirements for NVU-Johnson sport management concentration
- View requirements for NVU-Lyndon sport management concentration
- View requirements for sport management minor
- Athletic director/administrator
- Facilities manager
- Advertising agent
- Marketing director
- Event planner
- Athletics agent or promoter
- Public relations manager
Types of Employers
- Sport equipment and supply companies
- Conference offices (SEC, ACC, etc.)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Colleges and universities
- Training centers
- Youth sport organizations
- Professional leagues
- Management firms
- Law firms