About the Concentration in Pre-Professional Athletic Training
Students who pursue the pre-professional athletic training concentration plan to earn an advanced degree in an athletic training graduate program of their choice. The concentration satisfies most application requirements for graduate study in athletic training.
Set Yourself Apart
At Northern Vermont University, you'll also prepare for a national certification examination: the National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS). If you're accepted into a graduate program, you will pursue a master’s degree (MS) in athletic training over about two additional years of study and will be eligible for certification as an athletic trainer (ATC).
Through work with supportive faculty in small classes, you'll excel in psychology, sport and exercise psychology, foundations of orthopedic evaluation, nutrition, foundations of therapeutic interventions, and other specialized subjects.
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Physical Therapist
Pre-Professional Athletic Training Internship Sites
- Connecticut Tigers, Semi-Professional Baseball Team
- Lyndon Institute High School
- North Country Union High School
- Saint Johnsbury Academy High School
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- Upper Valley Nighthawks, New England Collegiate Baseball League
- Vermont Mountaineers, Semi-Professional Baseball Team