About the Concentration in Health and Fitness/Strength and Conditioning
Students in the health and fitness/strength and conditioning concentration prepare for careers in personal training, group fitness instruction, strength and conditioning of athletes, health and fitness education, disease prevention and rehabilitation, and fitness facility operation.
Set yourself apart
Students also prepare for national certification examinations, such as the American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-EP) and National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT) exams. You also may decide to apply for graduate school.
Your course of study will include sport and exercise psychology, fundamentals of personal training and strength and conditioning, nutrition, and practicums and internships in the field.
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Physiologist
- Rehabilitation Aid
- Cardiovascular Technical
- Nutrition Coach
- Conditioning Coach
- Fitness Center Owner/Manager
Health and Fitness/Strength and Conditioning Internship Sites
- Berlin Hospital, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Brown University, NCAA Division 1 Strength and Conditioning
- Fortitude Fitness, Personal Training/Strength and Conditioning
- Grafton County Nursing Home, Health Fitness
- Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pride Fitness Performance, Personal Training/Strength and Conditioning
- The University of Albany, NCAA Division 1 Strength and Conditioning
- The University of Vermont, NCAA Division 1 Strength and Conditioning
- Verizon Wireless Communications, Worksite Wellness
- Weeks Medical Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Xtra Innings Performance, Personal Training/Strength and Conditioning