At the Height of Performance
Whether your passion is music, dance, theater, vocal performance, or the business side of the music industry, we provide a high-impact, professional training ground that focuses on creativity, collaboration, and innovative thinking. Our learning environment features small classes, one-on-one faculty attention, and excellent performance facilities.
Through internships; NVU choral, instrumental, and theater groups; and other performance and production opportunities on and off campus early on, you’ll gain the artistic and technical skills you need to make your impact while you’re here and after you graduate.
North is Action. Creation. Heart.
All of our performing arts programs offer a well-rounded education that will expose you to the different aspects of your field and prepare you with marketable skills.
Here are some program highlights:
- As a music business and industry student, you’ll choose a concentration in audio production, music management, or music and self-promotion to gain the expertise you need for your career, working in our state-of-the-art recording studio
- Students in our music program choose a concentration in music composition, instrumental performance, sound engineering, vocal performance, or the self-designed creative pathways, all of which include a senior recital performance
- Music education majors will graduate ready to pursue Vermont licensure endorsement to teach music in grades pre-K through 12
- If you’re a musical theater student, you’ll do everything from designing costumes and building sets to managing the front office and other functions of the business side of the art
- In the theater and drama program, your main “classroom” will be the 500-seat Dibden Center for the Arts theater on campus as you explore acting, directing, design, and management