From Here on Out, Everyone Will Feel Your Impact
Students are given a strong foundation in theory and are well-versed in psychological and social explanations of human behavior. Two practicum experiences provide opportunities to apply skills in a wide variety of professional settings. A student leaves this program with the knowledge and training needed to succeed in many different jobs or in graduate school.
NVU-Lyndon’s program differs from other programs by offering a four-year degree that combines applied psychology and human services.
A degree in Applied Psychology and Human Services from NVU-Lyndon provides students with a strong foundation in psychological and developmental theory and hand-on experience to prepare them for careers or graduate programs. Many of our students have gone on to pursue Masters Degrees in psychology, social work, human services, or counseling.
Types of Employers
- Community mental health centers
- Centers for older adults
- Nursing homes
- Social service/nonprofit organizations
- Hospitals/healthcare providers
- College and university counseling, career, and wellness centers
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Educational institutions
Internship and Field Placement Sites
- Northeast Kingdom Youth Services/ St. Johnsbury
- Northeast Kingdom Council on Aging/ St. Johnsbury
- St. Johnsbury School Guidance Department
- Northeast Vermont Correctional Facility/ St. Johnsbury
- Washington County Mental Health Services/Montpelier
- Vocational Rehabilitation/ St. Johnsbury
- St. Johnsbury Health and Rehabilitation Activities Dept.
- St. Johnsbury Probation and Parole
- Children’s Integrated Services/Lyndonville
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Waltham, Massachusetts
- Department of Children & Families/ St. Johnsbury
- Northeast Kingdom Community Action Head Start/ St. Johnsbury
- Adaptive Sports Partners, Franconia, New Hampshire