Aim higher with a B.A. in cinema production from Northern Vermont University.
The cinema production program at NVU-Lyndon gives you the skills you need to pursue a career in film and video production. The interdisciplinary program draws on courses in theater, art history, and studio art, plus a strong foundation in the liberal arts to develop each student’s critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. You'll also work with local organizations such as Catamount Arts and the Green Mountain Film Festival to gain hands-on experience in the field.
The cinema production program will:
- Equip students with the technical skills necessary to succeed as filmmakers, both as industry professionals and as independent creative artists
- Promote a critical and analytical understanding of cinema as a creative art form
- Facilitate an awareness of cinema’s relationship with other artistic and professional fields
- Provide the historical and theoretical framework in which to situate students’ original works
Students graduating with a cinema production B.A. will have:
- A proficiency in the skills and techniques of digital filmmaking
- An advanced understanding of the process of filmmaking through pre-production, production, and post-production phases
- A sophisticated appreciation of the history of cinema as a context for original artworks
Cinema production graduates will be prepared to:
- Obtain full-time and contract-based employment supporting independent filmmaking, advertising, corporate communications, and local television programming
- Embark on self-employed, independent film projects of their own choosing
- Enter a wide variety of cinema graduate programs