The Testing Center
The Testing Center will be closed from December 18 to January 2 for the Winter Holiday.
The Testing Center at Northern Vermont University’s Lyndon campus is now open to all fully vaccinated visitors. Masks are also mandatory for all visitors. Visitors are to check in with Campus Public Safety in the Academic and Student Activity Center building before continuing to the Testing Center.
Questions? Email us at CPSDirector@NorthernVermont.edu or call 802.626.4867 for additional information.
The Testing Center at Northern Vermont University’s Lyndon Campus
The Testing Center at NVU-Lyndon administers computer-based, industry-certified exams. Tests are available to the public and administered by appointment only. With convenient hours to accommodate your busy schedule, you can fit in the testing you need to get ahead in work and life.
- Located on the second floor of the Samuel Reed Library on the NVU-Lyndon campus, the Test Center can accommodate 12 testers at a time.
- Complimentary lockable 12” x 12” lockers are provided for all personal items not allowed in the test center.
- A comfortable and quiet waiting area is available as you await check in for you exam.
We partner with globally recognized test vendors to provide you with convenient, local access to professional credentialing exams.
- The Praxis tests measure the academic skills and subject-specific content knowledge needed for teaching. The Praxis tests are taken by individuals entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations.
- Visit the Praxis website to learn more about test registration or to schedule your exam.
- Vermont’s Only Public Testing Center for Microsoft, Intuit, and Adobe Certification.
- Northern Vermont University-Lyndon is a Certiport Authorized Testing Center, able to offer exams in Microsoft, Adobe, and Intuit QuickBooks.
- To make a reservation, email CPSdirector@northernvermont.edu or call 802.626.4867.
- A $25 proctor fee per exam applies and is a separate charge from the Certiport exam cost.
- NVU-Lyndon partners with Pearson VUE to provide our students and members of the community access to hundreds of academic and industry-recognized exams to test candidates pursuing key industry certifications from leading programs. Over 200 exams are offered that span professional licensure and certification exams such as Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS), National Strength and Conditioning Association, and North Eastern Joint Apprenticeship & Training (NEAT), as well as information technology exams like Cisco, CompTIA, EMC, HP, LPI, Oracle and VMware.
- Pearson Vue exams must be purchased and scheduled directly on the Pearson Vue website.
- Click here to find more information on registering for a Pearson Vue Exam.
The Testing Center at NVU- Lyndon is a Certified Test Center Administrator in the global PSI Test Center Network, having met rigorous standards for testing, staff training, and scheduling. Exams are scheduled online through participating employers. Learn more.
Policies and Proctor Fees
All exam fees and cancellation and accommodation policies vary by test vendor. Refer to the testing vendor (i.e. Praxis, PAN, Pearson Vue, etc). website for specific information.
Proctor Fees: A $25 proctor fee applies unless included in cost of exam (as with Praxis, Pearson Vue, and PAN exams). The in-person proctor fee must be paid by cash or check upon arrival at the test center in advance of sitting for the exam. A receipt of payment will be sent to you via email the day of test.
Cancellation Policy: The Testing Center has a twenty-four hour cancellation policy. Rescheduling will be done at no-additional charge if notice of cancellation was received more than twenty-four hours prior to scheduled exam.
Special Testing Accommodations: Testing Accommodation requests must be directed to the testing vendor (i.e. Praxis, PAN, Pearson Vue, etc).
Test Taker Conduct
- Conduct guidelines aligns to the Northern Vermont University Code of Academic Integrity. Additional individual test vendor regulations may apply.
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind to or from another test taker during the exam session is prohibited.
- Attempting to take the exam for another person is prohibited.
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the test is prohibited.
- Activity that may be distracting in any way to other test takers is prohibited.
- Limited restroom breaks are permitted during test taking; in most cases testing time continues to run.
In preparation for your exam:
- Arrival: Please arrive thirty minutes prior to the scheduled test time. You may not be allowed to test if you arrive after your scheduled testing time.
- Photo ID: Current photo ID’s are mandatory for most exams. Current secondary signature ID required in some cases. Expired ID’s will not be accepted. Detailed lists of acceptable ID can be found on your exam vendor’s website.
- Storage: Items such as bags, watches, hats, keys, wallets, food, drink, etc. are not allowed into the testing room. You will be provided an individual lockable 12” x 12” locker for all personal items. Consider leaving items at home or in your car that may not fit in the 12” x 12” locker. Test takers are responsible for all items left in the lockers, or vehicles, during testing.
Information for Faculty
Faculty are welcome to contact the Center for Professional Studies (CPS) to learn how to schedule industry-credential testing for their classes.
Directions and Parking
Northern Vermont University–Lyndon is located at 1001 College Road in Lyndonville, VT. It is home to an authorized Praxis, Pearson Vue, PAN, and Certiport testing center. The Testing Center is located in the Samuel Read Hall Library in room 204, on the second floor of the library.
To get to NVU- Lyndon, take Exit 23 from Interstate 91. After exiting the ramp, enter U.S. Rt. 5 north and take an immediate left at the stoplight (Back Center Road). Follow for 1.5 miles to the stop sign. Continue straight for 100 yards, turn left at Lyndon Institute onto College Road. Continue one mile up the hill to the campus.
Upon arrival for test day, it is recommended that you park in the Vail parking lot. Enter through the Alexander Twilight Theater entrance, located to the right of the big metal sculpture.
After passing through the entrance doors, walk across the foyer. Turn left and head down the hallway. The library is on the right-hand side.
Upon entering the library, turn right. Take the stairs down one floor. Go through the glass door and turn left. Walk to the back of the library. You will see the administration desk on the right side for exam check-in.
An elevator is also available. The library information desk can direct you.
View a map, directions, and parking information for Northern Vermont University–Lyndon.
Contact the Testing Center at NVU-Lyndon
The Test Center at NVU- Lyndon staff are happy to answer any questions you may have. Email us at CPSDirector@NorthernVermont.edu or call 802.626.4867 for additional information.