Find your direction and follow it with Northern Vermont University Career Services.
Whether you’re a first-year student, an online student, a graduate student looking to advance in your field, or an alum, Northern Vermont University career services will meet you where you are and help guide you along your path.
Our campus offices can help open doors to high-impact internship opportunities that will prepare you for your future career. From major/minor decisions, resume and cover letter editing, and mock interviews, our mission is to help you navigate to success.
We can work with your schedule and are able to meet with you one-on-one, via email, or over the phone. We are also offer drop-in hours and workshops designed to build your career management skills. As you identify your career goals and choose the directions that your path will take, you'll find individualized support and resources to help you along the way.
- Self-assessment - What are your current strengths, what do you need to work on, what fields and industries are right for you? We’ll help you find out.
- Choosing a major/career - We can help you locate, access and effectively use resources to ensure that your academic choices lead you toward a successful career path
- Developing effective internship and job searching strategies - We’ll connect you with the experiences needed to build your resume and land the job.
- Workshops - Through focused professional development workshops, we'll get you ready for the job search process ahead.
- Career/Internship Fairs - Dress to impress and bring your resume as we bring 50 local non profits, resorts, small business, and health organizations to campus twice a year.
- Resume and cover letter editing - We'll help you make an excellent first impression on paper by crafting the perfect resume and cover letter.
- Mock interviews - Practice makes perfect. Build confidence for your next interview by practicing r
- Applying to graduate school or changing careers - Even after you've graduated, we're still be here to help.
- Job Banks - We receive notices of local, regional and national job openings daily. Most jobs are posted on our online job bank, but we can also provide additional job search resources.
Beth Walsh, M.Ed., Coordinator of Career Development
Ellen Hill, M.Ed., Internship Program Coordinator
Amy Wright, M.Ed., Director of Career Services