Climb higher with Early College at Northern Vermont University.
It’s never too early to find your direction and follow it. At Northern Vermont University, motivated high school seniors can complete their high school graduation requirements while taking classes and earning college credit at our Lyndon or Johnson campuses or 100% Online—tuition free. Plus, students who decide to live on campus will earn a one-time $4,000 Early College Housing Scholarship. Students enrolling in the Early College program at NVU for the 2021-22 year will also receive a $500 voucher for textbooks*!
You’ll challenge yourself with college-level work while discovering what it’s like to Do North at Northern Vermont University. Our supportive faculty; small, personalized classes; and warm, welcoming campus communities will help you navigate your path and reach your destination.
The Northern Vermont University Early College program enables you to:
- Finish your last year of high school while taking college classes.
- Earn up to 30 college credits over two semesters—tuition-free.*
- Immerse yourself in college life by exploring our academic and recreational resources, enjoying our cultural and social events, and even by living on campus.
- Explore your major and determine your next steps toward achieving your goals.
- **NEW** 100% Online option; just let us know if you are interested.
*Students are responsible for associated fees including books, course fees, transportation, and housing (if opting to live on campus).
- NVU Early College is open to Vermont high school seniors age 16 and older.
- Application deadline is May 1, 2021.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application, which includes a personal essay.
- For the personal essay requirement, please write an essay of 400-600 words describing your motivation and potential for college-level work. Send the essay to Admissions@NorthernVermont.edu.
- Have your transcripts sent to the campus where you are applying.
- Have a teacher, guidance counselor or other adult (not related to you) send a letter of recommendation to the campus where you are applying.
- Have the following forms completed and mailed to the campus where you wish to enroll:
- Interview with a Northern Vermont University Admissions staff member. (Admissions will contact you to schedule an interview.)
* Textbook voucher can be used only in Northern Vermont University bookstores during the 2021-22 academic year. Offer applies to NVU campus bookstores and NVU online bookstores.