Do something North of extraordinary with a graduate degree from Northern Vermont University.
Northern Vermont University offers rigor and flexibility to help graduate students advance professionally and personally. Apply to one of our graduate programs by selecting the link below. (Select 2020-2021 as the application type for spring, summer, and fall 2021 admission.)
To apply for admission to any of our graduate programs, submit your application and other required materials. Degree-specific application information is available below.
Required Materials for NVU Graduate Program Applicants
Requirements vary depending on the program to which you are applying; specifics are noted below and on the online application. In general, however, all graduate programs require the following in addition to the application:
- An official transcript from all previous colleges and/or universities attended
- Letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals who know the quality of your preparation or who can attest to your character and skills.
- Reference form (M.S. in Mental Health Counseling only)
- A statement of purpose
- An interview with an NVU faculty member after receipt of all required materials
- A $50 application fee
If you are a non-U.S. applicant, you also need to provide:
- Financial documentation for immigration purposes equal to one year’s expenses (see the Financial Documentation form)
- If English is not your native language, scores from your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson tests. Specific requirements are listed here; see also www.ets.org for more information.