Northern Vermont University is offering a number of ways to help Vermonters to Do North for the 2021-2022 academic year through funding from the Vermont State Colleges System. And one — or more — may be right for you. These opportunities are just for the 2021-2022 academic year, so don’t delay!
All opportunities are funded through generous financial support from the Vermont State Legislature during the 2021 legislative season. All of the colleges in the Vermont State Colleges System are taking part.
Here’s What is Available to You at NVU!
New and Returning Students: Three Scholarship Opportunities
Welcome Home Scholarship for Vermonters who left college between March 1, 2020 and May 1, 2021 or Vermont students transferring from an out-of-state school to a Vermont State College.
- Scholarships are available for full-time and part-time students, providing up to $5,000 ($2,500 per semester) for full-time students and up to $3,000 for part-time students ($1,500 per semester) to help you work toward completing your degree during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Degree Completion Scholarship for Vermont students to help get you closer to achieving your college credential or degree.
- To be eligible, you must have been out of school for at least two years (since May 2019), must have earned at least 40 college credits already, and must be a Vermont resident.
- You can get free tuition for up to 30 credits during the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Free Tuition for Students Enrolled In In-Demand Fields
July 15, 2021 Update: Due to the large response in combination with limited funds, the Critical Occupations Free Tuition Program is paused at this time. Students admitted prior to this date are being awarded with existing funds. Your continued interest is encouraged as we work to secure additional funding. Please stay tuned. Students can still take advantage of the opportunities offered with the Green Mountain Grad program, the 802 Opportunity Program, the Welcome Home Scholarship, and the Degree Completion Scholarship. We encourage you to apply to take advantage of other existing institutional scholarships and financial aid. There is still time to enroll this fall!
Free tuition is available for students enrolling in the following Northern Vermont University degree and certificate programs for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Bachelor’s degree programs:
Terms and conditions apply on all scholarships. These scholarships are “last-dollar,” meaning they are applied to a student’s account after state and federal gift aid, such as the Vermont Grant and the Federal Pell Grant and other forms of university-awarded gift aid, up to the amount of a student’s tuition and other direct educational expenses.
Prospective and Enrolled Vermont Students – Take a Class On Us
Did you graduate high school in 2020 or 2021 and are enrolling or are enrolled in NVU? You can get one class for free!
- If eligible, your NVU bill will automatically be adjusted to reflect this reduction. You don’t need to do anything!
- Apply today to become a full-time or part-time student at NVU!
Interested in taking just one class?
Questions about your eligibility or account? Reach out to Student Administrative Services
** This free class is available to students exploring NVU, too. See Green Mountain Grad Gift for details.
NVU Admissions staff are ready to help you navigate these fantastic opportunities just for Vermonters — and just for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Do North with NVU. Admissions@NorthernVermont.edu