Northern Vermont University and the Vermont State Colleges System has teamed up with the state to offer Vermonters attending our institutions millions of dollars in scholarships, free tuition, and other financial aid opportunities.
All opportunities are funded through generous financial support from the Vermont State Legislature during the 2022 legislative season.
Here’s What is Available to You at NVU!
Welcome Home Scholarship for Vermonters transferring to a Vermont State Colleges institution from an out-of-state school OR Vermonters who left college between March 1, 2020 and May 1, 2021.
- Scholarships are available for full-time and part-time students. We can provide you with a scholarship of up to $5000 (up to $3000 for part-time students) next year to help you work toward completing your degree at one of the Vermont State Colleges. Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more by contacting our colleges’ admissions offices.
Degree Completion Scholarship for Vermont students to help get you closer to achieving your college credential or degree.
- To be eligible, you must have been out of school for at least two years (prior to May 2019), must have earned at least 40 college credits already, and must be a Vermont resident.
- You can get free tuition for up to 30 credits during the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Income Limits: 300% of the federal poverty line by household size.
- It’s not too late to go to college this fall. Contact the NVU admissions office to learn more about scholarship eligibility and how you can apply today.
Tuition Assistance for Students Enrolled In In-Demand Fields
Tuition assistance is available for students enrolling in the following Northern Vermont University degree and certificate programs for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Bachelor’s degree programs ($150,000 income limit):
- Graduate degree programs ($150,000 income limit):
- Certificates (300% of the federal poverty line income limit):
Terms and conditions apply on all scholarships. These scholarships are “last-dollar,” meaning they are applied to a student’s account after state and federal gift aid, such as the Vermont Grant and the Federal Pell Grant and other forms of university-awarded gift aid, up to the amount of a student’s tuition and other direct educational expenses.
NVU Admissions staff are ready to help you navigate these fantastic opportunities just for Vermonters.
Do North with NVU. Admissions@NorthernVermont.edu