August 10, 2020
NVU students and families,
We are looking forward to your arrival on campus. Please read the entire message below for important reminders and instructions:
- Residential students have be pre-assigned an arrival time, if you do not know your time, please check your email or call our office at 802.626.6418 (Lyndon campus) or 802.635.1200 (Johnson campus).
- Commuter students will arrive for testing between 5-8 p.m. on 8/13 or 8/14.
- If you have not yet completed the NVU Pledge – please do that prior to your arrival on campus for check-in, you will not be permitted to go through check-in until the Pledge has been received – it can be found here- https://www.northernvermont.edu/northern-vermont-university-health-pledge
- If you have not yet completed the Campus Return Survey, please do so here.
- COVID related packing list suggestions:
- Thermometer (you will need one to report your temperature daily), cleaning supplies, re-usable shopping bags, food storage containers, healthcare products.
- You will need to participate in check in and testing before doing anything else on campus – everyone and all vehicles arriving with you will need to come through check-in as well. Everyone on campus will need to wear a masks (guests included).
- Lyndon Campus: You will need to drive to the Vail parking lot from the Stonehenge entrance and proceed around the soccer field and enter the lot through the first driveway .There will be signage and folks around to direct you but it is important that you NOT arrive through the main front entrance.
- Johnson Campus: You will need to drive to the Bentley parking lot from the College Hill entrance. It is important that you do NOT arrive through the main front entrance.
- Everyone arriving with you will be screened – if anyone has a fever or COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent home. Please screen everyone for symptoms and take temperatures before coming to check-in.
- Click here to view instructions for testing and what to expect at the testing tent. In addition, you will receive a testing waiver you will need to complete prior to getting tested.
- If you traveled to Vermont by public transportation or are from a quarantine county (listed in red or yellow on the attached map) and have not quarantined for 14 days, you will have to move in to campus quarantine housing until you receive a negative test result from your day 7 test OR if you are commuting, you will need to complete this quarantine in your off campus residence. Residential students- you will have meals delivered to you and will be unable to leave the building until we receive negative test results from your second test. *If you are living on campus and fall in this category, please call Residence Life as soon as possible at 802.626.6418 (Lyndon) or 802.635.1200 (Johnson) so we can make these housing arrangements for you.
- Residential Students: Your check in block is three hours long, you can arrive at check in no more than one hour before your timeslot begins if you wish- but will not be able to enter your residence hall until your time block begins. You will need to have any helpers with you leave at the end of your three hour block to make space for the next check-in group. Please plan accordingly. Likewise, our testing is scheduled for specific hours, if you do not arrive when testing is available, you will not be permitted to check-in/move-in.
Post Arrival Details
- Residential Students: You will not be permitted to leave campus or visit other residence halls/rooms until your first negative test comes back- we anticipate this will take anywhere from 1-3 days. You are welcomed to socialize outside while physically distanced and wearing your mask.
- Once your first test result comes back negative, you will be free to follow campus policy in regards to class/campus access, guest policies, travel, etc.
- If you are arriving from out of state, you will need to register through Sara Alert located at this link.
- We strongly encourage everyone to keep a daily journal or file with contact tracing information.
If you have any questions about any of this information or would like any clarification on the Return to Campus FAQs, please use the questionnaire form or contact our offices directly at 802.626.6418 (Lyndon campus) or 802.635.1200 (Johnson campus).