A Message from President Elaine C. Collins:
Dear NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We have a new positive COVID-19 case at NVU involving a staff member on the Johnson campus. The staff member is isolating at home. This brings our semester total to twelve cases. To date, we have conducted 8,286 tests on our two campuses.
As we approach the end of the semester, NVU will stay the course with our travel and household visitation policies through the end of the semester. Please continue to stay strong and strictly follow our safety protocols—students, faculty, and staff alike. Thank you!
- Wear your masks. Double up to offer more protection to yourself and others. See how here.
- Keep a six-foot distance between yourself and others.
- Submit your daily symptom check. NorthernVermont.edu/Screening.
- No cross-household visitation of any kind is allowed.
- Visit NorthernVermont.edu/ReturnToCampus to stay up-to-date on notices and health and safety information.
- Students and employees who live, teach, work, or learn on campus should test weekly throughout the semester. The next testing will be Monday, April 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.—in the Multi-Gym at Johnson and in the Moore Community Room (ASAC 100) at Lyndon. Please send questions related to testing to Dean of Students Jonathan Davis.
Our internal contact tracing continues on this most-recent case and we are working with the Vermont Department of Health on next steps. If you are contacted by the Vermont Department of Health contact tracing team at any time, please answer the call—this is to protect your health and to contain spread of the virus. You can find Vermont COVID-19 information at healthvermont.gov/covid19.
Thank you. #MASKUPNVU #TESTWEEKLYNVU