A Message from President Elaine C. Collins:
Dear NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We have two new positive COVID-19 cases at NVU, a staff member on the Johnson campus and a commuter student on the Lyndon campus. Both the staff member and the student are isolating. This brings our semester total to eleven cases. To date, we have conducted 7,460 tests on our two campuses.
Vermont is making national news due to the high rate of increase in positive cases, especially with younger populations. As the weather warms, I know it is tempting to loosen up on mask wearing and distancing. We must stay strong. It is imperative that each of us strictly follows the safety protocols in place. Despite loosening of some health and safety protocols in Vermont, NVU will stay the course with current travel and household visitation policies through the end of the semester. This is necessary to get us to the finish line. Thank you for following NVU safety protocols to keep yourself and the NVU community safe.
- Wear your masks. Double up to offer more protection to yourself and others. See how here.
- Keep a six-foot distance between yourself and others.
- Submit your daily symptom check. NorthernVermont.edu/Screening.
- No cross-household visitation of any kind is allowed.
- Visit NorthernVermont.edu/ReturnToCampus to stay up-to-date on notices and health and safety information.
- Students and employees who live, teach, work, or learn on campus should test weekly throughout the semester. The next testing will be Wednesday, April 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.—in the Multi-Gym at Johnson and in the Moore Community Room (ASAC 100) at Lyndon. Please send questions related to testing to Dean of Students Jonathan Davis.
Our internal contact tracing continues on these most-recent cases and we are working with the Vermont Department of Health on next steps. If you are contacted by the Vermont Department of Health contact tracing team at any time, please answer the call—this is to protect your health and to contain spread of the virus. You can find Vermont COVID-19 information at healthvermont.gov/covid19.
Enjoy the beautiful spring weather and sunshine!
Thank you. #MASKUPNVU #TESTWEEKLYNVU