May 5, 2021
A Message from President Elaine C. Collins:
Dear NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We have a new positive COVID-19 case at NVU involving a commuter student on the Lyndon campus. The student is isolating at home off campus and no close contacts have been identified by our own internal contact tracing or by the Vermont Department of Health. This brings our semester total to thirteen cases. To date, we have conducted 9,448 tests on our two campuses.
We are almost there! Thank you for all your efforts to get us through to this point with so few cases. Please stay the course with our travel and household visitation policies. Stay strong and strictly follow our safety protocols—students, faculty, and staff alike.
- Wear your masks. Double up to offer more protection to yourself and others. See how here.
- Keep a six-foot distance between yourself and others.
- Submit your daily symptom check. NorthernVermont.edu/Screening.
- No cross-household visitation of any kind is allowed.
- Visit NorthernVermont.edu/ReturnToCampus to stay up-to-date on notices and health and safety information.
- Students and employees who live, teach, work, or learn on campus should take advantage of our continued testing through the end of the semester to ensure a negative test before heading home. The testing schedule will continue Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and Fridays, 3:30-5 p.m. in the regular locations through May 14. The next testing will be Friday, May 7 from 3:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.—in the Multi-Gym at Johnson and in the Moore Community Room (ASAC 100) at Lyndon. Please send questions related to testing to Dean of Students Jonathan Davis.
Vaccine Clinics at NVU
NVU is partnering with the State of Vermont to host Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinics on both campuses. Please consider taking part in this one-dose vaccination effort. Register for the clinics here.
- Lyndon Campus (with the State of Vermont and Walgreens): Friday, May 7, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in ASAC 100.
- Johnson Campus (with the State of Vermont and the National Guard): Tuesday, May 11, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Multi Gym.
Thank you. #MASKUPNVU #TESTWEEKLYNVU