Expand Your Perspective with a B.A. Degree in Global Studies
B.A. in Global Studies (Lyndon Campus)
The fast pace of globalization affects every aspect of society. Now it’s not optional to have a global perspective on today’s issues, it’s required. The global studies program prepares NVU graduates to address the international issues they’ll experience in any career path –- from theater and art to biology, education, and more. You’ll develop an understanding of the people, cultures, and political and economic forces that shape our world.
You will build important skills and strengths in our program and gain the ability to:
- Analyze social phenomena to show familiarity with cultural diversity
- Use concepts, knowledge, and tools of the social sciences to analyze social phenomena to show an understanding of factors that influence social behavior
- Conduct original research using critical-thinking skills and social science research methods, develop a thesis, and interpret the results of your research in a paper
- Present your research findings in an oral presentation
- Work collaboratively on a community service project
Minor in Global Studies (Johnson Campus)
Students on our Johnson campus can choose to minor in global studies. You’ll select from a broad range of courses, including world history, government, and international relations, The global understanding, and perspective gained through this minor are tools for success in any career.