A Message from President Elaine C. Collins:
Good morning, NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
I am writing to let you know we have two additional COVID-19 positive cases, one on each campus. Both cases involve commuter students. At Johnson, the student tested positive at an offsite testing center and at Lyndon, the student tested positive through our testing. We have completed our own internal contact tracing and taken appropriate action. We are working with the Vermont Department of Health on any next steps. Our positive cases are in isolation at home. As of Sunday, we have conducted 2,496 tests.
As a reminder, we are testing today until 1 p.m.—in the Multi-Gym at Johnson and in the Moore Community Room (ASAC 100) at Lyndon. Students and employees who live, teach, work, or learn on campus should test weekly throughout the semester. Please send questions related to testing to Dean of Students Jonathan Davis.
Please stay vigilant to keep yourself and our campuses and communities safe. Thank you for following NVU and state of Vermont health and safety guidelines.
- Wear your masks. They are required at NVU.
- Submit your daily symptom check. NorthernVermont.edu/Screening.
- If you are living, teaching, working, or learning on campus, please test every week during the semester. View the schedule here at COVID-19 Spring Testing Schedule.
- Students, no cross-household visitation of any kind is allowed.
- Visit NorthernVermont.edu/ReturnToCampus to stay up-to-date on notices and health and safety information.
As a reminder, if you are contacted by the Vermont Department of Health contact tracing team at any time, please answer the call—this is to protect your health and to contain spread of the virus. You can find Vermont COVID-19 information at healthvermont.gov/covid19.
Please join me in keeping the health of our NVU students in mind.
Thank you. #MASKUPNVU