A Message from President Elaine C. Collins:
Good morning, NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We have just completed our Day 7 testing of students and I am pleased to report that we have no more positives from the tests conducted Friday and Saturday. We have learned that a part-time commuting student on the Johnson campus tested positive at an offsite testing center. We have completed our own internal contact tracing and taken appropriate action. We are working with the Vermont Department of Health on any next steps. Our positive case is in quarantine at home. As of Saturday, we have conducted 1,868 tests.
Thank you for following NVU and state of Vermont health and safety guidelines. We are off to a solid start and we all must do our part to keep our campuses and communities safe.
- Wear your masks. They are required at NVU.
- Submit your daily symptom check. NorthernVermont.edu/Screening.
- If you are living, teaching, working, or learning on campus, please test every week during the semester. View the schedule here at COVID-19 Spring Testing Schedule.
- Students, no cross-household visitation of any kind is allowed.
- Visit NorthernVermont.edu/ReturnToCampus to stay up-to-date on notices and health and safety information.
As a reminder, if you are contacted by the Vermont Department of Health contact tracing team at any time, please answer the call—this is to protect your health and to contain spread of the virus. You can find Vermont COVID-19 information at healthvermont.gov/covid19.
Please join me in keeping our NVU community member’s health in mind.
Thank you. Have a good week! #MASKUPNVU