IMPORTANT: Remote Classes on Johnson Campus through Friday | COVID-19 Update
A Message from Interim President John W. Mills:
Dear NVU Students, Faculty, and Staff,
Effective immediately through Friday, September 3, we will be moving to remote teaching on the Johnson Campus.
This move to remote applies to all Faculty and Students who teach or take classes on the Johnson campus.
- Faculty, please report to campus to teach remotely from your classroom or office. Post clear instructions for your students in Canvas and email them as well.
- Students, check your NVU email and Canvas for Zoom links and details about how your class will meet. If you have not heard from your professor prior to your class time, please email them.
This temporary move is due to two additional positive COVID-19 cases on the Johnson campus involving residential students.
Additionally, the following are cancelled on the Johnson Campus effectively immediately through Labor Day, Monday, September 6:
- All athletics matches and practice on the Johnson campus are cancelled
- All SHAPE facilities on the Johnson campus are closed through Monday.
- All Admissions tours on the Johnson campus are cancelled.
All employees (staff and faculty) are to report to work on campus. We ask that you hold your meetings with students through Zoom.
All other services remain open, including the dining hall, café, etc.
Know that we are making this move out of an abundance of caution to keep our NVU community safe. The urgency of this message is to underscore that we need to pivot to remote teaching and communicate how to do that to our students, especially those new NVU students who haven’t had to do this before.
Again, I am going to remind you that wearing masks indoors when you are with anyone else is mandatory. We continue to hear of students, faculty, and staff who are not masking or are not masking properly. It is imperative that each of us mask out of concern for our own health and that of others.
Testing Schedule this Week
- Weekly on both campuses:
- NVU-Johnson: Wednesdays, noon-1:15 p.m., Multi Gym
- NVU-Lyndon: Wednesdays, noon-1:15 p.m., Alexander Twilight Theatre Lobby
- Friday, NVU-Johnson: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Multi Gym
Thank you. Stay tuned for updates. We will be communicating to you and updating you as we have more information.