Important Vaccine Eligibility Updates
March 31, 2021
Some important vaccine updates to be aware of:
- All Vermonters and out of state students 16 and older who are Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) — and their entire households — will be eligible to register for a COVID-19 vaccine starting Thursday, April 1. Out of state BIPOC students should use their campus address to register.
- “Starting April 1, If you or anyone in your household identifies as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC), including anyone with Abenaki or other First Nations heritage, all household members who are 16 years or older can also sign up to get a vaccine. People can sign up online, by calling the Health Department, signing up through a participating pharmacy or making an appointment at a BIPOC household focused clinic using the forms or phone numbers below.” – https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/vaccine/getting-covid-19-vaccine#eligiblenow
- Vermonters aged 50 and up can now register for vaccine appointments. Vermonters aged 40 and up can register starting April 5.
- Vermonters and out of state students age 16 and up with high-risk conditions can register for vaccine appointments now. As of March 31, parents and primary caregivers of children with high-risk health conditions who are too young to get vaccinated are included in this group. https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID19-High-Risk-Health-Conditions-Explained.pdf
- All Veterans are eligible for the vaccine now through a special program offered by the White River Junction VA Healthcare System. You do not need to be a member. Please call 802-296-5151 to make an appointment.
- We are waiting for a decision from the state regarding vaccination for out of state students that do not fit the categories above.
Full vaccine eligibility info here: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/vaccine/getting-covid-19-vaccine#eligiblenow
Create an account here: https://vermont.force.com/events/s/selfregistration
Please reach out to me for any assistance.
Dean of Students
Northern Vermont University