What if I owe NVU money?
Don’t forget to clear all of your accounts with NVU. Please make sure that all outstanding accounts with Student Administrative Services, Library, Public Safety, Residence Life, etc., are resolved. Diplomas and transcripts will be delayed if you have any outstanding accounts.
If I have a student loan, is there something I need to do?
If you have borrowed a Federal Student Loan, which would include a Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized and/or Perkins Loan, federal regulations require that you complete mandatory exit counseling if you are graduating or dropping to below half time.
You can complete the federal exit counseling requirement for the Federal Direct Loan program online. Here’s how:
- Go to StudentLoans.gov.
- Log in using your FSA ID.
- Select “Complete Loan Counseling (Entrance, Financial Awareness, Exit).”
- Choose “Exit Counseling.”
- Click “Start.”
- The session will take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
To complete the federal exit counseling requirement for the Federal Perkins loan program:
- Go to heartlandecsi.com.
- Login to “My Account” using your account number and ECSI PIN.
- Click on the “Exit Interview” link.
- From the list of “Pending Exit Interviews,” select the appropriate exit to complete and follow the instructions provided.
If you have questions regarding your student loans, please contact Deneen Russell at 802.635.1215.