Thank you for your interest in Northern Vermont University. We're looking forward to receiving and reviewing your application. Please note, there are separate application procedures for our 100% online degree programs and our 90% online early childhood education degree program.
Students interested in applying to Northern Vermont University's 100% online degree program should follow the instructions below.
Northern Vermont University has rolling admissions, which means that applications are reviewed and qualified applicants are admitted throughout the year. That being said, the sooner you submit your application, the better. Admitted students may begin in the fall, spring, or summer. You can view our upcoming course start dates here.
How to Apply
To apply for admission to Northern Vermont University Online, applicants must submit:
- A completed application
- Transcripts - High school transcript if you have fewer than 18 college credits, and transcripts from all colleges you have attended
- A minimum GPA of 2.0
- A $50 tuition deposit (Upon acceptance)
Transcripts should be sent to:
Northern Vermont University - Johnson Admissions Office
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656
If you have 18 or more college credits on your transcript, you do not need to provide your high school transcript.
If you are an international student, you must arrange to have your transcripts provided in the original language with a certified English translation, along with a credit evaluation by an official foreign credential evaluation service.
If you have any questions or need assistance, we’re here to help! Contact us at NVUOnline@NorthernVermont.edu or call Admissions at 800.635.2356.
If you are applying for spring, summer, or fall 2019, please select 2019-2020 as the application type. Be sure to select the NVU Online application and follow the directions on the screen.
Applicants to our 90% online bachelor's of science in early childhood education program should follow these instructions to apply:
Early Childhood Education (B.S.) Application Procedure
- Complete and submit the early childhood education program application. (Please note that ECE applicants must use this program-specific form.) To complete this application form, you will need to:
Create an account.
Click ‘start a new application’ and then choose the ‘NVU Application’ within the ‘2019-2020’ section.
On the ‘NVU Application Main Page,’ select the Online Early Childhood Education (ECE) applicant option, then click 'continue.'
Complete and submit the application; there is no application fee required.
- Complete and submit the verification form. To finish the program in five semesters, you will need to certify your 2,000 hours of work with children from birth to age five.
Questions? We're here to help.
Northern Vermont University–Lyndon
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 919
1001 College Rd.
Lyndonville, VT 05851
To apply for the online master of arts in leadership studies:
- Complete the online application, which includes an essay about your goals for graduate study.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended; demonstrate a 2.75 undergraduate GPA.
- Three letters of recommendations from professors or other professionals who can attest to your readiness for graduate study.
- Submit the Readiness Checklist for Online Study.
- An interview with an NVU faculty member after receipt of all required materials.
Mail all supporting documentation to:
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656