Jump in and make a difference with an online B.S. in early childhood education through Northern Vermont University Online.
With NVU’s online early childhood education program, you’ll be working with Vermont’s children within five semesters. The need for teachers with early childhood education licensure is high throughout Vermont, and this program is designed to enable you to complete your bachelor of science degree with birth-to-age-5 licensure while continuing to work full time.
All courses in the early childhood education program are online, so no matter where you live in Vermont, your career can benefit from our highly regarded education program. Students in the program are required to complete an onsite student-teaching requirement and meet with their program advisor.
Please note that applicants to the early childhood education program must use a program-specific application form.
- Prior work experience with children from birth to age five is required as part of your application. Please complete this Early Childhood Experience Form and send it to Admissions@NorthernVermont.edu.
- Successful completion of Intro to Early Childhood Education course is required for entry into the program. There are multiple ways to meet this requirement, including through Community College of Vermont. Please contact Heather Duhamel, Faculty Advisor, for details.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is an admissions requirement.
- Students who have completed the Community College of Vermont Early Childhood Education program will have the easiest transition into NVU's Early Childhood Education program.
- The Early Childhood Education (B.S.) degree includes a student teaching requirement and advising sessions are delivered online from the Northern Vermont University's Lyndon campus. Students in the ECE program have a different tuition structure, application procedure, and academic calendar than other online program students.
As part of successful completion of the program, you will obtain a B.S. in early childhood education and be recommended for licensure as a birth-to-age-five teacher in the state of Vermont. You will also complete and pass a Level 1 Licensure Portfolio, take and pass the PRAXIS Core test, and demonstrate your status as a highly qualified teacher in Vermont for birth to age five.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Please contact Student Administrative Services for assistance.
Student Administrative Services