Discover your path to a career in healing with Northern Vermont University Online’s B.S. in Holistic Health.
North leads us to question. To explore. To always seek something greater. Take the next step toward a career that you're passionate about with the NVU Online Holistic Health degree program. The bachelor of science degree in Holistic Health offers students the opportunity to learn from experts in alternative health practices and pursue a wellness-based career.
Northern Vermont University is among the nation's first accredited schools to offer a bachelor's degree in holistic health. Here, you'll gain the scientific knowledge and practical skills for your career in this emerging field.
This fully online bachelor of science is a great fit if you're interested in:
- Exploring proven holistic wellness practices and therapies for self-care and healing others
- Examining the mind-body connection and its role in personal wellness and well-being
- Understanding the role wellness plays in the development of sustainable communities
- Learning the science, theories, and histories of Western (allopathic) and holistic health care therapies, including acupuncture, naturopathy, Ayurveda, chiropractic, homeopathy, and Native American healing
- Understanding mind-body therapies including meditation, yoga, massage, biofeedback, and other stress-reduction techniques
Opportunities to Earn Certifications in the Field
Our program is based on scientific standards set by the National Institutes of Health’s National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health and Bastyr University’s School of Naturopathic Medicine program. You'll explore the social, cultural, political, and psychological aspects of different health care systems in the U.S. and around the world. You will gain the knowledge and skills to make informed health care decisions and lifestyle choices and to prepare for a career as a state-of-the-art doctor or other health care professional.
While you're attending NVU Online, you may decide to co-enroll in certification programs to become a massage therapist, yoga instructor, reiki master, or Ayurvedic consultant. You can graduate prepared for medical- and health-related graduate programs and careers.
Our curriculum reflects ongoing and emerging developments and discoveries related to the safety and efficacy of holistic health practices and therapies. The curriculum includes suggestions by Dr. James S. Gordon, director of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, former chair of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy, and a member of the advisory council for the NIH National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).