Reach your professional goals with online and in-class certificate courses.
Northern Vermont University’s Center for Professional Studies offers non-degree education such as certificate, diploma, and licensure programs through both traditional learning and online platforms. We will get you on your way to career advancement. CPS serves three distinct markets: adults who have either not completed college or who have never attended higher education, working professionals wanting to upgrade their skills, and NVU students looking to earn industry-recognized credentials and their degree simultaneously. CPS courses are designed to teach trusted professional content in a wide variety of topics, issues, and practical applications relevant to the contemporary workplace.
Do North Coworking
NVU's Center for Professional Studies is proud to announce the opening of Do North Coworking, a professional and creative coworking space for startup founders, remote workers, forward-thinking educators, and community leaders to be productive, build community, explore new opportunities, and network. Located in Lyndonville, Do North Coworking is a resource for workers throughout the Northeast Kingdom. Learn more and stop by!
Center for Professional Studies at NVU Upcoming Courses
Learn more about upcoming course offerings and certifications.
Project Management Courses
- Project Management Professional Certification Exam Boot Camp (February 8 - 29, 2020)
Marketing and Technology Courses
- Online Data Analytics Boot Camp (March 2-May 8, 2020)
- PowerPoint for Professionals (March 7, 2020)
- Microsoft Word for Professionals (March 14 and 21, 2020)
- Microsoft Excel Specialist for Professionals (March 28 and April 4, 2020)
- Google Drive Apps (Hybrid) (April 11 and 18, 2020)
- Social Media as Your Ally (May 2, 9, 16, 2020)
- Online Data Analytics Boot Camp (June 6-August 15, 2020)
Business Management Courses
- Actionable Diversity and Inclusion at Work (April 22-May 20, 2020)
- Finance Essentials (April 25, 2020)
- Guest Services Excellence (May 23, 2020)
- Supervisor Skill Development Boot Camp (June 6-7, 2020)
Art, Music, and Design Courses
- Permaculture Design (Hybrid) (April 22-July 12, 2020)
- Pro Tools User Certification Boot Camp Pro Tools 101 (Hybrid) (August 25-September 12)
- Pro Tools User Certification Boot Camp Pro Tools 110 (Hybrid) (September 15-October 3)
Funding Your Non-Degree Education
- VSAC offers regular workshops on how to pay for job training and boot camps. Learn more here.
- VSAC offers grants to Vermont residents enrolled in non-degree programs (other conditions apply) to see if you're eligible for a VSAC grant, visit VSAC.org.
- VSAC recently announced that The Curtis Fund will make new scholarships available to Vermonters who seek short-term educational opportunities to amp up their job skills. Learn more and apply here.
- Vermont Department of Labor is another great source for non-degree funding. Visit their website for more information.
Center for Professional Studies classes are supported by student fees. The Center for Professional Studies reserves the right to alter the exam schedule due to insufficient enrollment or administrative reasons. In the event of cancellation, every effort is made to contact you 48 hours prior to the start date of the class, using the contact information you provided during your registration (phone number and email address). We issue full refunds for all canceled exams.
To be considered for a refund after registering for a course, your request must arrive seven calendar days prior to the start of classes. Email CPSDirector@NorthernVermont.edu or call 802.626.4867 to request a refund.
Funding for Center for Professional Studies branding was made possible in part with a Rural Business Development Grant from USDA Rural Development.