Dual Enrollment Students
Applications for Fall 2023, starting in August 2023, will be available in late September as Northern Vermont University is becoming Vermont State University. Fill out this short form and we will notify you when the new application is available.
You can find your direction and follow it at Northern Vermont University — while still in high school. NVU’s Dual Enrollment program offers motivated Vermont high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college classes on campus and online, tuition free.
About NVU Dual Enrollment
- Take up to two tuition-free courses a year after completing your sophomore year of high school.
- Choose between traditional on-campus courses or online courses.
- Earn up to 8 college credits (4 per course) completely tuition-free.* (You are responsible for books and any course fees.)
- No application deadlines. You’ll be considered for the next available semester upon receipt of your application.
- Interested in taking more than 8 college credits? Continue at NVU while still in high school with discounted tuition.
*For students who are eligible for the Vermont Dual Enrollment vouchers. See the State of Vermont Agency of Education Dual Enrollment website to create an account and apply for a voucher.
Want to learn more about Dual Enrollment at NVU? Complete and submit this inquiry form.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Have your high school transcript sent to the Admissions Office of the NVU campus where you wish to take classes.
- Submit a recommendation from a guidance counselor.
- Interview with an NVU admissions counselor.
Applicants seeking to enroll in Johnson campus classes who are currently in the Johnson campus Upward Bound program are only required to submit the application.
Students enrolling in Dual Enrollment courses offered at their high schools in agreement with Northern Vermont University are exempt from the Dual Enrollment interview.