Application Process for Spring 2023
Northern Vermont University is a haven of higher learning. Our beautiful, peaceful hilltop campuses in Lyndon and Johnson, Vermont provide the perfect setting for you to study and learn, form lasting relationships with students and faculty, and enjoy the outdoors all year round. Our friendly, supportive campus communities welcome students from around the world. We invite international students to apply and Do North at Northern Vermont University.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Submit all required academic credentials. These include high school/college transcripts in the original languages as well as a certified English translation.
- Take and submit your scores from an approved test to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Complete and submit financial documentation.
- Submit one letter of recommendation.
Northern Vermont University has a rolling application deadline, which means you can apply at any time. However, because of the complexities of documentation for international students, we advise that you have all materials submitted by May 1 for a fall semester start or November 1 for a spring semester start.
About the Admission Process
After we receive all of the above required materials, we will evaluate your application and notify you of our decision within three to four weeks.
For Admitted Students
To formally enroll as an NVU student, take the following steps:
- Pay your $200 enrollment deposit.
- If you are an international student transferring from another school within the U.S., submit a completed International Advisor’s Report (I-20 transfer form).
- Submit a copy of your passport.
Once we have received the above documents, NVU will issue the student the I-20.
F-1 Student Visa Documentation
International applicants admitted to NVU will receive an official letter of acceptance and, upon payment of the $200 deposit, a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20). You will need both of these documents in order to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy in your country. Learn more about this process.
For more information about obtaining a student visa, visit the U.S. Department of State website. Information about other immigration-related topics may be obtained from the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services website.
Apply to Vermont State University for Fall 2023
Northern Vermont University will join Castleton University and Vermont Technical College to become Vermont State University on July 1, 2023 VermontState.edu.
Please contact Elga Gruner, Senior Associate Director of Admissions and International Admissions Coordinator, by email or by calling 802.635.1223.