Transfer to Northern Vermont University.
The path to your goals isn’t always a straight line. But at Northern Vermont University, you can find your direction and follow it.
Learn about Transferring to NVU at a Transfer Student Information Session
At an information session, you’ll learn about your program of study, the transfer process, and meet with an admissions counselor. You’ll also meet current NVU students who are excited to share their experiences with you.
Register to attend an in-person or virtual Information Session:
Flexible Pathways Toward Your Goals
Each of our beautiful hilltop campuses and our distance learning program NVU Online offer a haven for community, collaboration, and opportunity. Here, you’ll make new friends and work with dedicated faculty who are experts in their fields. You’ll discover how you’ll make your impact, and gain the experience and knowledge to graduate ready for your career.
Maximum Credit Transfer
No matter which path you choose, our transfer advisors will help you get maximum transfer credit for your previous coursework and ensure that you can earn your degree in the least amount of time. Transfer students who enroll full-time are eligible for scholarship support, too.
Students will be considered to have fulfilled the entire General Core at Northern Vermont University if they transfer from another accredited institution with an Associate Degree (A.A. or A.S.).
How to Apply
To transfer to NVU, please follow these simple steps.
- Complete and submit the Northern Vermont University Application for Admission.
- Mail your high school transcript or GED to the admissions office at the campus where you seek to enroll. (If you have 18 or more college credits, this requirement is waived.)
- Arrange to have all college transcripts sent to the admissions office at the campus where you seek to enroll.
- Complete the FAFSA and include Northern Vermont University (NVU) with the school code is 003688.
- Activate your VSCS (Vermont State College System) Portal. This will give you the ability to access your financial aid award letter. Instructions will be sent via a status update email.
- A Transfer Credit Evaluation will be sent to you after acceptance via a email notification as a status update.
- Submit the $200 enrollment deposit on your application status page. This will be applied towards your bill and is not a separate charge.
- A Next Step Checklist will be sent to you via an email update which will include information regarding registration, academic placement and housing registration.