Reach your professional goals with online and in-class certificate courses.
Northern Vermont University’s Center for Professional Studies offers non-degree education such as certificate, diploma, and licensure programs through both traditional learning and online platforms. We will get you on your way to career advancement. CPS serves three distinct markets: adults who have either not completed college or who have never attended higher education, working professionals wanting to upgrade their skills, and NVU students looking to earn industry-recognized credentials and their degree simultaneously. CPS courses are designed to teach trusted professional content in a wide variety of topics, issues, and practical applications relevant to the contemporary workplace.
Do North Coworking
NVU’s Center for Professional Studies is proud to announce the opening of Do North Coworking, a professional and creative coworking space for startup founders, remote workers, forward-thinking educators, and community leaders to be productive, build community, explore new opportunities, and network. Located in Lyndonville, Do North Coworking is a resource for workers throughout the Northeast Kingdom. Learn more and stop by!
Do North Coworking announces the launch of KickstartNEK, a 10-week program designed to help small businesses and entrepreneurs explore, test, and build their ideas into profitable businesses. Based on the nationally-recognized Co.Starters entrepreneurship program, KickstartNEK is offered free of charge for the NEK community and registration is open now.
The 10-week program will run February 17 through April 28, 2022, and classes will meet one evening per week. Learn more at donorthcoworking.com, email Team@DoNorthCoworking.com, or apply to participate at bit.ly/kickstartNEK.
Center for Professional Studies at NVU Upcoming Courses
Summer and Fall 2022 Boot Camps
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency – Online (May 14 – June 11, 2022)
- Trail Building and Stewardship for Non-Motorized Multi-Use Trails – On site at Kingdom Trails in East Burke (June 15 and 16, 2022)
- Project Management Fundamentals – Online (July 23 – September 3, 2022)
- Data Analytics Boot Camp – Online (August 6 – October 1, 2022)
- Sustainable Trail-Building Certification Program – Online (September 10 – September 3, 2023)
- Grant Writing Fundamentals – Online (September 10 – October 8, 2022)
- Agile Project Management – Online (October 15 – November 12, 2022)
- Customer Service Excellence – NVU-Lyndon Campus (November 12, 2022)
- Supervisor Development Boot Camp – NVU-Lyndon Campus (November 4 and 11, 2022)
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency – Online (November 19 – December 17, 2022)
Before registering for a CPS Boot Camp, see if you’re eligible to take the course for free! Follow the Am I Eligible? link on the Helping Vermonters Get Back to Work site. If you are eligible, follow the Register for Courses link on that site. If you are not eligible, register for the course through the CPS Course Catalog.
- Computing Fundamentals (Self-Paced)
- Customer Relationship Management (Self-Paced)
- Core Java: Fundamentals (Self-Paced)
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Big Data (Self-Paced)
- Effective Help Desk Specialist Skills (Self-Paced)
- MongoDB 4 Quick Start Guide (Self-Paced)
- Python Programming Basics (Self-Paced)
- SQL Queries all in one course with LiveLab (Self Paced)
- Internet of Things (Self Paced)
- Microsoft Word 2019 (Self Paced)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals (Self Paced)
- Networking Essentials (Self Paced)
- ICT Gaming Essentials and Test Prep (Self Paced)
- CompTIA A+ Bundle IT Hardware and Software (Self Paced)
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certification (Self Paced)
- Web Design Essentials (Self-Paced)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) (Self Paced)
- PMI – Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) (Self Paced)
Funding Your Non-Degree Education
- VSAC offers regular workshops on how to pay for job training and boot camps. Learn more here.
- VSAC offers grants to Vermont residents enrolled in non-degree programs (other conditions apply) to see if you’re eligible for a VSAC grant, visit VSAC.org.
- VSAC recently announced that The Curtis Fund will make new scholarships available to Vermonters who seek short-term educational opportunities to amp up their job skills. Learn more and apply here.
- Vermont Department of Labor is another great source for non-degree funding. Visit their website for more information.
Center for Professional Studies classes are supported by student fees. The Center for Professional Studies reserves the right to alter the exam schedule due to insufficient enrollment or administrative reasons. In the event of cancellation, every effort is made to contact you 48 hours prior to the start date of the class, using the contact information you provided during your registration (phone number and email address). We issue full refunds for all canceled exams.
The Testing Center is open and following State of Vermont health and safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic for masking, testing, quarantining. Further information can be found here.
To be considered for a refund after registering for a course, your request must arrive seven calendar days prior to the start of classes. Email CPSDirector@NorthernVermont.edu or call 802.626.4867 to request a refund.
Funding for Center for Professional Studies branding was made possible in part with a Rural Business Development Grant from USDA Rural Development.
Ann Nygard, Director of Center for Professional Studies