NVU Online Learning Management System (LMS)
NVU Online courses are delivered via the a learning management system or e-Learning platform.
You will receive an NVU email account and student ID number that you will use to set up a password-protected account on the portal where you can access Canvas. Your NVU email account will be used for all official communications from NVU. Be sure to check your NVU email account for important information regarding course registration, financial aid, and other matters.
Canvas is the Web-based learning management system utilized by institutions within the Vermont State Colleges System. Canvas enables students to access their courses anywhere there is an Internet connection. To effectively utilize the platform, users need a computer that meets at least NVU Online’s minimum technical requirements. Technical support and problem resolution cannot be guaranteed for users who do not meet these requirements. NVU Online students can access the Canvas LMS via the NVU Portal.
Overview of Features
Canvas provides course features including but are not limited to:
- Course Content: This feature allows instructors to upload files and share links to a variety of resources
- Calendar: This resource allows users to view due dates for assignments and exams
- Folders: This feature allows instructors to organize content for easy student access
- Assessments: This function allows instructors to post quizzes and exams
- Assignments: This dropbox feature allows instructors to create and post assignment areas for student submissions and online grading
- Grade Book: Students can view both their specific assignment and assessment grades as well as their running total in the course