Northern Vermont University is now part of Vermont State University! Please visit for accurate information.

Complaint Process

Vermont State University logo

Northern Vermont University will join with Castleton University and Vermont Technical College to become Vermont State University on July 1, 2023. Learn more and apply for fall 2023.

Learn More and Apply


Northern Vermont University desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner.

Students residing outside of the state of Vermont while attending NVU who are unable to resolve a grievance internally may file a complaint with their state. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies.

Northern Vermont University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).