Apply to NVU Online
Students interested in applying to Northern Vermont University’s 100% online degree program should follow the instructions below.
NVU Online Early Childhood Education program applicants should refer to the NVU Online ECE page.
How to Apply
To apply for admission to Northern Vermont University Online, applicants must submit:
- Complete the online application
- Submit official transcripts
- High school transcripts only need to be submitted if you have earned less than 18 college credits
- Final, official transcripts from all previous colleges
- A tuition deposit (Upon acceptance and deciding to enroll)
- To apply for financial aid, you’ll need to complete the current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 003688.
Transcripts should be sent to Admissions@NorthernVermont.edu or mailed to:
Northern Vermont University – Online Admissions
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656
If you are an international student, you must arrange to have your transcripts provided in the original language with a certified English translation, along with a credit evaluation by an official foreign credential evaluation service.
Apply to Northern Vermont University for a spring 2023 start.
Northern Vermont University has rolling admissions, which means that applications are reviewed and qualified applicants are admitted throughout the year. That being said, the sooner you submit your application, the better. Admitted students may begin in the fall, spring, or summer. View our upcoming course start dates here.
Apply to Vermont State University to begin fall 2023.
On July 1, 2023, Northern Vermont University will join Castleton University and Vermont Technical College to become Vermont State University, a reimagined higher education institution building on the strong legacies of its founding institutions. Learn more at VermontState.edu.