The NVU Portal
Welcome to Northern Vermont University’s Portal.
NVU’s portal is shared with other institutions of the Vermont State College System (VSCS). Professors, school administrators, and campus offices use the portal to communicate with prospective students and current students.
Step One to using the portal is to activate your account.
Activate Your Account
To activate your account, navigate to: NorthernVermont.edu/Activate and follow the instructions on the page. You will create your User ID, password, and set your security questions. To activate it, you will need the following information:
- First Name (or preferred name if you have reported a preferred name to us)
- Last Name
- College ID (this can be found on your acceptance letter)
- Be sure to check the box to agree to receive text messages on your mobile device. You will then select where you want to PIN for verification sent to.
- Once you receive the PIN, enter the 6 digits, and create your password and security questions so you can reset your password if you forget it in the future.
- We recommend that you write down your password and security questions/answers for future reference.
Note: If you forget your login information and can’t retrieve it, the Office of Information Technology will reset your account login. Contact them at 802.626.6456 or at Helpdesk@NorthernVermont.edu.
Overview of the Portal
The NVU portal is your entry point to all things NVU, from Email and Finances, to Advising, Career Services, Student Employment, and Public Safety. You’ll access online classes through Canvas from the portal, sign into Office 365 here, and you can customize the way the portal appears to you, too.
If you’re having trouble with something on the portal, NVU IT is here to help!