Fall 2022 Covid-19 information for NVU-Lyndon
NVU-Lyndon Students, Staff, and Faculty:
To date, we’ve had relative success managing the pandemic on campus thanks to the care, concern, and tenacity of everyone in our community. We have modified our response as regional and campus conditions warrant, and this year will be no different as we continue to adapt to this virus as a part of our everyday lives.
While we know that vaccination is our best protection (REQUIRED for campus-based students) against Covid-19, our community has also enjoyed relative good health because of the good decisions made on a daily basis by students, staff, and faculty. Please continue these practices:
Do not go to class or come to work if you are sick.
- Students should contact the Brown House or their own healthcare provider if needed.
- Employees should contact their healthcare provider if needed.
- Guidance for close contacts.
Get tested when needed.
- Students may pick up a rapid test from the student life office or at the Brown House.
- Students should report a positive result here regardless of your status as a commuter or resident student.
- Students living on campus who test positive for Covid-19 will isolate and recover in place with support from student life staff and the Brown House.
- Employees can find information about testing and recovery in Vermont here.
- There are no plans currently to offer PCR testing on campus.
Where a mask when needed.
- There is no requirement on campus except in select classrooms and offices as requested and thus required by an instructor or employee.
- Students, staff, and faculty should feel welcome and empowered to mask if they feel more comfortable doing so.
- Masks are available in kiosks around the campus, in the student life office, and at the Brown House.
- We ask that everyone consider masking after travel to areas with high transmission rates.
Wash your hands frequently.
- Good hygiene practices will help everyone stay healthy.
In addition to NVU-Lyndon email communications, if there are significant updates to protocols or other developments, please refer to https://www.northernvermont.edu/about/nvu-during-covid-19/ for information and resources.
Executive Director and Dean of Students
Northern Vermont University-Lyndon