Tuesday, November 29, 2016 is #GivingTuesday at JSC
November 28, 2016
Johnson State College will again celebrate #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
Occurring this year on November 29, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, as well as Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give to charities and causes.
In order to support high-impact education at the college, Johnson State is asking alumni, friends, parents, faculty and staff to join them in making a difference in the lives of their students. And here’s an added incentive: Once they raise $1,000, Business & Economics Professor Jim Black, will match it with a $1,000 donation.
Those who are interested in joining Johnson State’s #GivingTuesday initiative can visit the online site, which will be open for participation on November 29, 2016.
There are many other ways to participate on November 29:
Make a donation of any amount by:
- Visiting JSC’s “Make a Donation” page.
- Calling the Alumni Office at 802-635-1251 to give over the phone or let them know you have mailed a check so they can count your pledge.
- Answer the phone if you are called by a student during the phonathon that evening. It’s a one-night only event so they are counting on you to answer the phone and help them meet their goal.
- Participate on social media by:
- Posting an #unselfie. Take a picture of yourself holding a sign stating why you give, post it on Facebook or Instagram and tag it #badger4life and #GivingTuesday
- Sharing the new “Why I give” video from the JSC Facebook page.
- Visiting JSC’s Facebook page and share the Giving Tuesday related posts.
- If you live near campus, visit the Alumni Office’s Open House between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. You can:
- Participate in the “change war.”
- Take an “unselfie.” We’ll take your photo holding a sign stating why you give and post it on social media. Watch the new “Why I give” video.
For more details about the #GivingTuesday movement, visit the #GivingTuesday website, Facebook page or follow @GivingTues and the #GivingTuesday hashtag on Twitter.