Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from NVU
National Accreditation/Recognition, Unique Hands-On Experience, Small-School Feel
Why Exercise Science at NVU Lyndon?
NVU Lyndon’s Exercise Science program is one of very few programs in the country to be both CAAHEP accredited and NSCA recognized, and is the only accredited exercise science program in Vermont or New Hampshire.
The program holds national distinction as the twenty-fourth institution in the country to receive accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (2009-present) in coordination with the American College of Sports Medicine. The program is also recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s Education Recognition Program (2005-present).
Get the most out of your educational investment by attending a CAAHEP Accredited and NSCA Recognized Exercise Science program. In the near future, students will be required to graduate from a CAAHEP Accredited program and an NSCA Recognized program in order to sit for ACSM and NSCA national certification exams.
The American College of Sports Medicine and National Strength and Conditioning Association are the two most prestigious, academically rigorous, and influential governing bodies in the field of Exercise Science.
Top 10 Program Highlights
- One of the 5% of undergraduate Exercise Science programs in the country that are both CAAHEP* Accredited and NSCA* Recognized. In the near future (2025-2030), students will be required to graduate from an Accredited/Recognized program, in order to sit for advanced national certification examinations in Exercise Science.
- The only Accredited Exercise Science program in Vermont or New Hampshire.
- Small class sizes and support for your success.
- Extremely unique, hands-on, real world learning; graduate with up to 2 years of professional work experience.
- All concentration areas contain one or more national certification examination preparation courses to set you apart. Graduate with a degree, national certification, and a professional skill-set.
- Outstanding alumni success, satisfaction, and 100% recent graduate placement.
- Program faculty have diverse backgrounds, hold the highest level of credentials in their areas of expertise, and are all currently active in the field.
- Student designed research and hands-on learning in our research quality Exercise Physiology Laboratory.
- Numerous internship affiliations: including professional sports, top medical centers, world-class fitness establishments, and many, many more.
- Multiple graduate school articulations to support your future success in this highly competitive profession.
*CAAHEP = Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs works in coordination with the American College of Sports Medicine
*NSCA = National Strength and Conditioning Association The American College of Sports Medicine and National Strength and Conditioning Association are the two largest, most prestigious, academically rigorous, and influential governing bodies in Exercise Science.