Promoting Fairness, Awareness, Inclusion, and Relationships in Our Community
Purpose and Responsibilities
The purpose of Lyndon FAIR is to serve our community as a resource and catalyst for social justice consultation, advocacy, and activism. We will do so by:
- Engaging in consistent, open, and honest communication with each other and with all members of our community.
- Actively collaborating with all members of our community in regard to issues of social justice.
- Providing consultation and resources to colleagues in our community on issues related to social justice.
- Advocating for, by working with, disenfranchised members of our community.
- Coordinating programming which addresses the social justice needs in our community.
- Creating opportunities for activism in support of social justice in our community.
- Providing leadership in our community on issues related to social justice.
- Engaging in an ongoing process of self-assessment and accountability.
Members of the Committee
Faibe Achinda, Kristi Castleberry, Lexi Damato, Kate Gold, Savannah Jackson, David Johnston, Erin Rossetti, Patricia Shine, Henekis Stoddard, and Amy Wright.
» Join our Facebook Group or like us at: Facebook.com/LSCFAIR
"I Am Vermont Too" Lyndon exhibit
The “I Am Vermont Too” project began in March of 2014. Modeled after the “I Too, Am Harvard” initiative, the “I Am Vermont Too” photo-story project shines a light on the diversity of identities and experiences of People of Color all across the State of Vermont. It looks to provide an opportunity for reflection and dialogue for majority-white communities who may be unaware of their participation in perpetuating racial stereotypes and harming People of Color. The exhibit was shown at Lyndon and included Lyndon students in the fall of 2017.
Video, Group, and Research Guides
- Year of Social Justice Video: Jamie Robertson
- Year of Social Justice Video: Kenedi Hall
- Year of Social Justice - Civil Rights Alum Video
- Year of Social Justice - Gender Equity Alum Video
- Year of Social Justice - LGBT Alum Video
- You Can Play
- Join our Facebook Group or Like Us
- Library’s research guides – Social Justice