Congratulations, 2022 NVU-Johnson Graduates!
Graduates and Families,
We are looking forward to celebrating the 155th Commencement ceremony of Northern Vermont University in person! Please see the details below for restrictions and requirements for attendance — for graduates and their guests.
Best wishes for a wonderful commencement experience!
When and where is commencement?
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Under the tent, NVU-Johnson Campus or live-stream at NorthernVermont.edu/Live
- Complimentary coffee available throughout the morning, Dewey Commons, 10 a.m.
- Immediately after the ceremony, please join us on the Quad for coffee and dessert reception to celebrate our newest alumni!
When do graduating students have to be there?
The Class of 2022 will be expected to line up at 10:15a.m. Saturday morning in the SHAPE Facility. There is no rehearsal or practice scheduled beforehand. Please wear or bring your cap and gown, which is required if you are walking.
Who may participate in the ceremony?
- You must be a matriculated, degree-seeking student.
- You must file a Request to Graduate on-line through the Portal (look for the tile “Plan Your Degree”), by April 1, 2022, at the absolute latest.
- You must have a 2.0 G.P.A. (may be higher for some majors), and a minimum of 120 credits (B.A. and B.S. candidates) or 60 credits (A.A. and A.S. candidates), and must meet all degree requirements in your catalog. Master’s candidates require a minimum of 30 credits.
How long Does the commencement ceremony last?
The event will be approximately 60 to 90 minutes long.