Congratulations, 2022 NVU-Lyndon Graduates!
Graduates and Families,
We are looking forward to celebrating a live commencement this year! Please see the details below for restrictions and requirements for attendance – for graduates and their guests.
Best wishes for a wonderful commencement experience!
General Commencement Information
When and where is commencement?
Date: Sunday, May 15, 2022
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: NVU-Lyndon Soccer Field, under the tent or live-stream at NorthernVermont.edu/Live
- Before the ceremony, Theatre Lobby, light breakfast social for everyone at 9:30 a.m.
- After the ceremony, Stannard Gym, coffee and dessert social for everyone.
When do graduating students have to be there?
The Class of 2022 will be expected to line up at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022, in the Rita Bole Gymnasium. Please wear your cap and gown, which is required if you are walking.
Who may participate in the ceremony?
- You must be a matriculated, degree-seeking student.
- You must file a Request to Graduate on-line through the Portal (look for the tile “Plan Your Degree”), by April 1, 2022, at the absolute latest, (although you are encouraged to apply up to a year in advance), and you must be approved for graduation by the Faculty Assembly.
- You must have a 2.0 G.P.A. (may be higher for some majors), and a minimum of 120 credits (B.A. and B.S. candidates) or 60 credits (A.A. and A.S. candidates), and must meet all degree requirements in your catalog. Master’s candidates require a minimum of 36 credits.
- You must be wearing academic regalia to walk at commencement.
- You must behave in a manner appropriate to the dignity of the occasion.
How Long Does the Commencement Ceremony Last?
Typically, the ceremony lasts for two to two and a half hours, until 1 or 1:30 p.m..