Congratulations, 2023 NVU-Lyndon Graduates!
Graduates and Families,
We are looking forward to celebrating Commencement with you this year! Please see the details below for restrictions and requirements for attendance – for graduates and their guests.
Best wishes for a wonderful commencement experience!
*Your personalized graduation website is live. Begin your celebration right now by visiting NorthernVermont.edu/LyndonGrad2023. Check out your individualized webpage and shareable social media graphics.
General Commencement Information
When and where is Commencement?
Date: Sunday, May 14, 2023
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: NVU-Lyndon Soccer Field under the tent, or live-stream at NorthernVermont.edu/Live
- Before the ceremony, Theatre Lobby, light breakfast social for everyone at 8:30 a.m.
- After the ceremony, Stannard Gym, coffee and dessert social for everyone.
When do graduating students have to be there?
The Class of 2023 will be expected to line up at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 14, 2023, in the Rita Bole Gymnasium. Please wear your cap and gown, which is required if you are walking.
Who may participate in the ceremony?
- You must be a matriculated, degree-seeking student.
- You must file a Request to Graduate on-line through the Portal (look for the tile “Plan Your Degree”), by March 24, 2023, at the absolute latest, (although you are encouraged to apply up to a year in advance), and you must be approved for graduation by the Faculty Assembly.
- You must have a 2.0 G.P.A. (may be higher for some majors), and a minimum of 120 credits (B.A. and B.S. candidates) or 60 credits (A.A. and A.S. candidates), and must meet all degree requirements in your catalog. Master’s candidates require a minimum of 36 credits.
- You must be wearing academic regalia to walk at commencement.
- You must behave in a manner appropriate to the dignity of the occasion.
How long does the Commencement ceremony last?
Typically, the ceremony lasts for two to two and a half hours, until noon or 12:30 p.m..