TRIO at NVU-Lyndon
TRIO Services at NVU-Lyndon
*Funding for TRIO SSS at NVU Lyndon is pending and at the discretion of the Congressional Budget and Department of Education.*
The Office of Academic Support Services coordinates the TRIO program at Northern Vermont University-Lyndon and provides a welcoming and encouraging “home base” for students adjusting to university life.
TRIO refers to a group of federal programs that support students who have overcome socio-economic hurdles to attend college. In order to receive TRIO services, you must have an academic need and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be from a family where neither parent completed a four-year degree
- Be from a family with low or modest income
- Have a documented disability
As a TRIO student, you’ll receive support and guidance on all issues related to college life from Academic Support Services staff throughout your college career. You also may receive:
- Access to technology
- A supplemental grant if you are eligible for a Pell grant and have no more than 60 credits
- Financial literacy information
- Free tickets to selected cultural events
- Priority access to all services provided by our office
For more information about the possible TRIO program at NVU-Lyndon, call 802.626.6424 or stop by the Office of Academic Support in the Library and Academic Center on the Lyndon campus.