Connect with employers in our area at our annual career fairs. Whether you're searching for an internship or your first job after graduation, the career fair is a great place to start.
Reasons to Attend a Career Fair
- Scope out local employment opportunities
- Learn what employers are looking for in job and internship candidates
- Gain communication skills as you talk with employers
- Aim to make a great impression and set up an interview
- Career Fair Tips
- Arrive Early
- Dress for success
- Bring your resume and a pen
- Research organizations you're interested in before the event
- Introduce yourself with your "elevator pitch"
- I am (introduction of name, career field, major
- I have experience/skills in (brief description of your experiences, skills, and/ or studies.)
- I am interested in/would like to (your career interests, aspirations, goals.)
- Plan a few key questions.
- Ask what they like best about working for the company
- Take notes!
- Get their business card
- Request an interview. It can’t hurt and they might just say “yes!"
- Follow up with a letter or email (resume included) that:
- Reinforces points you made and facts you learned,
- Reiterates your interest in the position and reminds them of your strengths, and
- Thank them for their time