Take your first steps as a Northern Vermont University student at NVU-Johnson’s SOAR.
SOAR (Student Orientation And Registration) — Welcome, new students and families! We are all very excited to give you a heartfelt, informative, and educational welcome to Northern Vermont University and a solid start to your NVU journey. First-time Johnson students will have two opportunities to prepare for their fall semester.
This online learning course offers access to several informational and learning modules to orient you to life at Northern Vermont University. These modules include video presentations from staff and students on information related to Academic Advising, Academic Support Services, Student and Residence Life, First year programming, Public Safety, Athletics, Dining Services and Student Financial and Billing Services.
Virtual SOAR kicks off on July 13, 2022, 6 p.m. with an official welcome from your Orientation Team and an introduction to the SOAR online course. You will also meet your Peer Orientation leader at this virtual kick-off event.
All enrolled students are automatically enrolled into SOAR and are expected to participate in this online course prior to their arrival in August.
Spend the day with us on campus, meet with staff and faculty, connect with fellow first-year students and your campus Peer Leaders. Use this day to also take care of any academic, financial or housing business before you arrive in August.
Campus SOAR dates:
- Wednesday July 20 from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday July 22 from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tentative schedule for Campus SOAR:
- 9–9:30 a.m.: Registration check in
- 9:30–10:30 a.m.: Campus Tours
- 10:30–11:30 a.m.: Student Life Presentation (for students)
- 10:30–11:30 a.m.: Parent and Family QnA
- 11:30 a.m. –12:30 p.m.: BBQuad and Campus Resource Fair
- 12:30–1:30 p.m.: Meet your Peer Leader (for students)
- 12:30–1:30 p.m.: Optional Presentations
- Athletics/varsity sports
- Academic Support/TRiO/Bridge
- Student Travel Opportunities with NSE and ISE
- 12:30–4 p.m.: Taking Care of Business
- 1:30–2:15 p.m.: Student Experience Panel
- 2:30–3:30 p.m. – Campus Tour #2
- 2:30–4 p.m.: NVU Day in the Life- several activities to enjoy on the quad