Take your first steps as a Northern Vermont University student at NVU-Johnson’s SOAR.
SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) — Welcome, new students and families! We are all very excited to give you a heartfelt, informative, and educational welcome to Northern Vermont University and a solid start to your NVU journey. First-time Johnson students will have two opportunities to prepare for their fall semester.
This online learning course offers access to several informational and learning modules to orient you to life at Northern Vermont University. These modules include video presentations from staff and students on information related to Academic Advising, Academic Support Services, Student and Residence Life, First year programming, Public Safety, Athletics, Dining Services and Student Financial and Billing Services.
Virtual SOAR kicks off on Canvas, July 13, 2022, 6 p.m. with an official welcome from your Orientation Team and an introduction to the SOAR online course. You will also meet your Peer Orientation leader at this virtual kick-off event.
All enrolled students are automatically enrolled into SOAR and are expected to participate in this online course prior to their arrival in August.
Please note that NVU-Johnson has cancelled the SOAR option scheduled for Friday, August 5
Instead, we are offering new students who did not attend SOAR on July 20 or July 22 a virtual opportunity on Friday, August 12. See below for the schedule for this virtual zoom event
Friday, August 12:
- 9 a.m. – Welcome from NVU Johnson Dean of Students
- 9:15 a.m. – Presentation from the Advising Department and Academic Support Services, such as early college information, first year students class schedule review; academic coaching, learning and time management services, disability and accommodation services
- 10 a.m. – Presentation from Student Administrative Services regarding student billing, financial aid and work study
- 10:45 a.m. – Q&A Panel with Athletics, Student Life, Public Safety, Wellness Center, IT
- 11:30 a.m. – Fall Orientation Weekend details